Monday, June 10, 2013

What a Year

Tonight, as I am thinking about what to say at Commentary at Wednesday's Board of Education meeting, I am overwhelmed by the hard work and fabulous progress of my students. It has been a good year in Reading Intervention. I feel so blessed to have had the chance to collaborate with classroom teachers to facilitate such an effective intervention for young readers. It has been an honor to watch my students grow, change, and progress. I am so hopeful that next year's students will have the same opportunity for extra help.

Tomorrow, it's book day in Reading Intervention. I will send home the writing books, a bookmark, the check-in cards. But most importantly, the kids will pick a little stack of books to keep forever. Thank goodness for these donations. I know everyone will have a little stack of books until the "Bookmobile" starts its deliveries on July 2nd. I knew that minivan would be good for something...

Oh, yeah- that's my sweet ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment