I've written many posts in my head on the treadmill, and forgotten them.
I've had incredible a-has about reading and writing workshop while driving for school pick-ups, but they now elude me.
I had an epiphany about raising readers and writers and the role of home, the role of school, and the role of the inner life. But I can't remember the details.
But most importantly, I have reiterated to myself the power of chunks of time for daily reading and writing. Even if I don't publish daily, daily reading and writing exercise my literacy muscles, which help me as a teacher, a parent, and as a reader and writer.
Now, many great thing were accomplished this month:
- The kids got to ski! (Michigan...best state ever!)
- We skated on Lake Huron...with Mackinac Island in the background.
- I read some great professional books, kid books (Mysterious Benedict Society), and even a grown up book!
- I volunteered at 826 Michigan with Colby Dog. (And at Mott, too...)
- Two more book series found by Francis: (Origami Yoda and Michigan Chillers).
- We hosted some dinners, brunches, and playdates.
- I kicked up my running again. (Stinkin' treadmills....)
And plenty of balls were dropped, too...
Here's to March! And a Happy March is Reading Month to You and Yours!
|Muffin skating on (the Great) Lake Huron!|
|Fran in a game...|
|Just goofing off, Mackinac Island in background. |
Say Yes! to Michigan!