Saturday, November 17, 2012

We forgot to tell you about Christopher Paul Curtis

There is nothing better than hearing Christopher Paul Curtis in person. We heard his stories. We talked with his family. He signed our books- and he even gave Francis "Bud, Not Buddy" and signed it, too. I even subjected the poor man to my famous "The Watsons Go to Costco" story*.
It was the perfect way to start our summer. I felt ready to notice and truly experience my days and I was excited to read. It made me miss teaching with writer's notebooks.

Fran and Christopher Paul Curtis!

I nodded so many times while he was talking that I was worried that my head would fall off and roll across the floor. I am pretty sure I looked crazy- but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think CPC was pretty lucky that I had not yet read The Mighty Miss Malone, because then I think I would have seemed even crazier.

We almost missed this!  But I saw this sign at school:


and I was interested because the sign had dogs on it. Thank goodness it was a dog sign- we would have been sad to miss it!





* This story will be shared at a later time. It is a story to be savored. And it really reveals WHO Mr. RWH really is...




No comments:

Post a Comment