Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Yearly Book Goal


So I have heard about some crazy goals of readers, like reading 365 books in a year, reading a  book each day in the summer... And in Jnauary, I was thinking that I had a bum year reading and didn't read as much as I thought I should.

And then I looked over my reading log, and I saw that I read about 52 books that I could remember! I felt so busy, so I was surprised that I still had made time for my own reading life:


52 books that I could remember!

The Thirteenth Tale
The Book Thief (loved this!)
Prairie Tale
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch (also read The Wilder Life, but in 2011)
Hunger Games Series 1-3
City of Thieves
The Marriage Plot
Vision Book (title?)
And Then There Were None
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Magnolia Wednesdays
Regatta Mystery
The Reliable Wife


Professional Books:
Picture This: How Pictures Work -Molly Bang
Show Me A Story: Why Picturebooks Matter
Beyond Leveled Text
When Readers Struggle
2nd garde Calkins
Teach Like a Champion (blech!)
The Fluent Reader
Teaching Children who Find Reading Difficult
Choice Words

Kid Books:
Lemony Snicket #5
A- Z Mysteries A-E, H
Droon Series 1-6
Stone Fox
Schooled
Penderwicks-3
Incorrigible Children-3
Chomp
The Mighty MIss Malone
Tales of 4th grade Nothing
Clementine
Time War Trio 1-3
and more picturebooks than anyone would care to count



Not too shabby! I was surprised by how many I had read. It's interesting to see how professional reading and "kid" reading takes a big chunk of time.

Favorite thing from 2012? Schooled and The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place. Kiddie Lit rocks my world!




Goal for 2013? To keep a better log and to update the blog more with my reading. Also, use my reading projects to inform my writing projects- and carry them through. I am pretty sure I'll hit 52 in 2013. I am working on book #16....

All this really validate how useful book logs can be, both for a reader in the "real world" and in the classroom.  Such a handy list to keep! Try it yourself and let me know how it goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment